Eric is available to assist you in your marketing needs, or to explain to your group how marketing can work.
His Knowledge Transfer used in the mining sector is basically marketing – which is basically finding out what is important, and presenting it in a way that the listener would care about it. It is about making something tangible out of something abstract – telling one person’s story to another. These skills were developed in the radio and entertainment industries. His post-graduate education gave him the research skills to learn a new sector, but more importantly, the below allows him to convey the messages.
September 2002 to January 2007 – Rawlco Radio “Marketing Consultant”
• In November 2005, an Addictions campaign he developed and delivered in 2004, won the Canadian Association of Broadcasters’ “The Best Community Service Campaign” ran by any radio broadcaster in Canada. This is the equivalent of the Academy Awards of Radio in Canada. This strategy not only provided increased awareness and interest, it also led to the development of the local group “Uniting to Heal.” Stemming from this, he assisted Cabinet Minister Graham Addley on the development of the “Premier’s Project Hope”
• The January to March, 2006 Addictions/Homelessness strategy he developed and assisted in the grant writing for, saw that; over the 2.5 month period that the campaign was ran, it caused a 191% increase in awareness to the exact issues and a 212% increase on peripheral items.
• On behalf of their COO and 13-chiefs; he studied the Prince Albert Grand Council, assessed their needs, then developed and implemented a campaign for them on their most pressing issue: “Misconceptions on Treaties and Taxation.” This required considerable research with the “Office of the Treaty Commissioner” relevant legal firms, independent sources, Chiefs, and the like.
• Developed political messages, communications, and campaign items for 3 Members of the Legislative Assembly, 1 Member of Parliament, City of Prince Albert Mayor, and the like.
• Developed and presented a series seminars on Business Development and Marketing for the “Flaman Group of Companies” and the “Community Futures Development Corporation”
• Developed and/or coordinated advertising/communications needs for clients such as Rally Motorsports (in 1-year they became Western Canada’s largest Polaris dealership), Rally Motors VW, Canadian Tire Prince Albert (the largest in Canada), and The Flaman Group of Companies
• Won the Award for “Wizard of the Year” for my implementation of Roy William’s Academy’s concepts, October 2005. Roy William’s clients include DeBeers, Proctor and Gamble, Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratories, and he is the author of 3 New York Times’ “Best Sellers” and the Wall Street Journal’s “Business Book of the Year.”
• Won “The New Advertising Consultant of the Year Award” for all of Rawlco Radio in October 2003. This award stems from sales successes, client development, and most importantly – the advertising clients’ success.
• Completed Radio Marketing Bureau’s “Certified Radio Advisor” (CRA) course and graduated with a 99% average, November 2002.
• Brought together the West Flat Community Centre and the school divisions with Prince Albert Fire Services to create a mentoring program.
April 1999 to July 2001 – Cliotools.com – “Marketing/Sales Manager”
• Spearheaded international web conferencing sales campaign, as well as all other products such as web sites, digital video products, and multimedia presentations.
• Sold Clio products to the worldwide headquarters of companies such as; Minolta USA and BroadVision (the world’s largest eCommerce company at that time).
• Developed marketing strategy for 2001/2002 and acquisition of strategic partnerships and standing contracts throughout the United States and Canada.
• Oversaw sales during transition of Clio Communications through a private placement into a publicly traded company – Cliotools.com.
May 1998 to February 1999 – The Northern Lights Casino – “Marketing and Customer Service Manager”
• During tenure; The Northern Lights Casino’s gross revenues exceeded the three other Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (S.I.G.A.) sites’ combined, while maintaining a higher net profit to gross revenue ratio than the other sites.
• Coordinated, developed, and implemented marketing and promotional activities affiliated with The Northern Lights Casino including; entertainment; television, radio and print advertising; special promotions and events; bus tours; and alike.
• Conducted legal review for a Nine-ball billiard tournament with TSN.
• Contracted and produced entertainers included; Burton Cummings, Diamond Rio, Jo Dee Messina, Terri Clark, Neil McCoy, Paul Brandt, Black Hawk, Randy Bachman, Charlie Major, Patricia Conroy, Lisa Brokop, and Colin James
• Developed, implemented, and produced Old Time Fiddling nights, which instantly became a standing-room-only feature at the Casino.
• Directed selection, installation, and maintenance of the Casino’s main stage concert systems.
• “Put a shoulder to the wheel” to help co-manage Jully Black – Canada’s R&B Queen with 9 Juno Award nominations, 4-Much Music Video Awards nominations, been a correspondent for CTV’s eTalk and for the 6th-season of Canadian Idol, and having recorded on 4-gold, 3-platinum, 1-double platinum, and a triple-platinum album. See http://www.jullyblack.com
• Assisted Kenny Shields of Streetheart (but I just call him ‘Streetheart’) complete a new album. Streetheart has earned 6 gold, 4 platinum, and 1 double platinum albums, as well as a gold single for ‘Under My Thumb’. See also http://www.kennyshieldsandstreetheart.com
• Managed Donny Parenteau through the release of his current album “Bring it On.” Donny holds the record for most nominations and wins at The Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards in one year with 7 and 5 respectively, stemming from the 2011 event. Donny is also a cast-member of the annual Tele-Miracle Event, has received 2-Juno nominations, 5 Canadian Country Music Award nominations, and holds the record for the most Saskatchewan Country Music Awards nominations in one year at 11. Donny performed on Parliament Hill for Canada Day 2012 with Simple Plan, Feist, Jully Black, Roch Voisine, Neverest, and Marie Mai.
• Developed publishing deal offer from EMI Music Publishing for Kevin and Cory Churko via work with Shandar Gray. Kevin at the time was Mutt Lange’s ProTools Editor and Sound Designer in Switzerland working on albums for Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Britney Spears. etc. (see http://www.kevinchurko.com ). Cory was Shania’s fiddle player and guitarist, etc. (see http://www.corychurko.com )
• Co-managed Juno Award winning “Chester Knight and the Wind”
• Managed EMI artists “Breach of Trust” – secured recording contract with EMI
• Produced music for biblically based motivational speaker Tim Storey’s monthly “Hollywood Bible Study.” Those attending included; Dyan Cannon, Charlie Sheen, Brad Pitt, Frank Marshall (director of “Raiders Of The Lost Ark,” “E.T.,” and “Congo,”), Rocket Ishmael, Rosé Grear, Hunter Tylo, Smokey Robinson, Steve Perry, Christian Slater, Robert Downey Jr., and some 600 other actors, entertainers, producers, directors, and professional athletes. See http://storeystyle.com/
• Managed Tim Miner Music/Artisan Productions in Dallas, TX/San Diego, CA from 1993-1996. See http://www.timminermusic.com The company wrote/produced album tracks from Paula Abdul, Steve Perry (Journey), Gladys Knight, Al Green, BeBe and CeCe Winans, etc. Recently Tim wrote and produced the 1st track on Justin Beiber’s Christmas Album “Under the Mistletoe”